Wednesday, February 15, 2006

a day after valentines.... but good gospel stuff

--when i was in orlando at a training/renewal worshop, one of the presenters was a gifted lady from Atlanta... while reflecting on God's work in her marriage she said this:

I am most grateful that my husband keeps learning that no one can pursue, strongly lead and cherish me the way he can.

...that when I’m withdrawn and discouraged, his gentle wooing speaks volumes...when I’m masking deep hurt with anger, his strong, consistent pursuit melts me like nothing else

...when darkness has masked Jesus face, I have felt another strong hand leading me home

....and when it’s all said and done, and we are at The great marriage feast I will recognize the tastes and sounds and smells. The dance will be vaguely familiar. For hints of the realm unknown have drifted across the border land. And I have caught glimpses of what is yet to come. My husband has shown me the way.
--Sheri Thomas