Monday, December 27, 2004

Reflecting on Yesterday

About 40 of us gathered yesterday for a time of worship. Seated at round tables we sang accapella, heared testimonies, and looked at Luke 2. It was wonderful.

I don't think I will ever forget what 10 year old Trace Stankunas shared during the open mike time we had. "This Christmas God reminded me that Christmas is not about the presents I receive, it is about Jesus coming as a baby and dying for our sins. We're filthy sinners and he loved us and came to forgive us."

There was not a dry eye in the place. I had the unique perspective of seeing Trace's grandparents in my peripheral vision... the promises of God were in neon lights in my mind.
"I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you."
--Genesis 17:7

From Mary's Magnificat: "He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name. And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation." Luke 1:49-50

It was a moment of glory. My only mistake was not taking up the offering immediately... we could've gotten enough for a piece of land AND a building.


Oh yeh,
Saw this steal and wanted to pass it on... 2 CS Lewis classics for under $10
Christianbook.com - Product Detail Page

No comments: