Thursday, December 30, 2004

Psalm 63 Sunday January 2

Sunday I'll preach on Psalm 63. We may only cover verse 1:
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you;my flesh faints for you,as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I should have a king's life, if I had no other thing to do than for evermore to behold and eye my fair Lord Jesus. --Samuel Rutherford, 17th Century


God is worshipped, honored and savored both when we faint for him and when we feast on him. Fainting is the form of worship when God is distant, and feasting is the form of worship when he is near. The heart that savors God above all things will experience yearning and longing and thirsting and panting and fainting when the vision of God is distant and dim. And that same heart will experience feasting and satisfaction when the vision draws near and becomes clear.
--John Piper, 20th Century

Remember, there are NO 9am classes this Sunday

We'll meet at 10:00 in the theater for worship.


No comments: