Thursday, August 10, 2006

I am not my own... I have been bought

Sunday we will enter God's presence with Praise... that always (if we're sane & sober) leads to a "GOD HELP! I'm not like you!" cry. So we'll enter a time of renewal when we confess our sins, are reminded that He's removed our guilt, and celebrate with words and songs of celebration and assurance. Which brings me to a public statement of faith we'll make together. Think on this prior to Sunday, please.

My only comfort in life and death is that I am not my own.
I have been bought body and soul,
by my Saviour Jesus Christ who has fully paid for all my sins
with His precious blood.
He has set me free from the power of the devil.
Without the will of my heavenly Father,
not a hair can fall from my head.
The Holy Spirit assures me of eternal life
and makes me heartily willing to live for Him.
Indeed, all things must work together for my salvation.