Monday, March 27, 2006

I did it to please a baseball player fraternity brother

When I pledged a fraternity during my freshman year at Mississippi State I was thrilled with the whole thing, even the work. The fraternity members were pretty much allowed & encouraged to make the joining process difficult. One portion of our pledging was to sit and visit with each member, a one-on-one of sorts. This was the only time I conversed one to one with many of the older guys. Will McRaney was a 2 sport athlete at Miss. State. Before going to visit him i was nervous... that he would be jealous of my physique. And, I knew that God, Jesus, Bible would come up. He was kind to me and before we ended said, "We're starting some bible studies at the fraternity house, would you be interested?"
Umm, sure.
And that invitation started me down a road.